Sponsors In Freedom Groups
What Is A Sponsor?
The sponsor roles in Freedom Groups are critical. Sponsors are group members themselves, and they act as mentors for newer members in the group. Group members who are under a sponsor should check in regularly with their sponsor to give them updates on their steps progress, struggles, questions, and concerns.
Here are the recommended requirements that should be met before someone becomes a sponsor.
- Sponsors should be an active member of the Freedom Group.
- Sponsors should ideally be past Step 5.
- Sponsors should be helping sponsees work through their steps.
- Sponsors should be available to answer questions.
- Sponsors focus on accountability.
What A Sponsor Is Not:
- Sponsors are not your babysitter.
- Sponsors are not counselors.